Customise the viewer
To access the settings, from your account page click on the gears icon .
Your model/drawing will be then opened in a new window with the settings menu available.
To change the background image:
- Enable the "Background image" switch.
- Click Select to select a new image.
- If you want to repeat the image to cover the entire screen enable the "Repeat image" switch.
To remove the background image:
- Disable the "Background image" switch.
To change the background color:
- Click the "Inner" palette and select the inner color.
- Click the "Outer" palette and select the outer color.
- To have a uniform color, choose the same color in the "Inner" and "Outer" palette.
To set the background as transparent:
- Enable the "Transparent" switch.
To change the solid color:
- Click the "Main" palette and select the color.
- In the CAD viewer, this feature will always replace all the components color.
- In the Texture viewer, this feature will superimpose the chosen on the Texture.
To set the default view:
- Enable the set view switch.
- Click Save to memorize the view.
- You still need to save the configuration to keep the settings.
To set the light intensity:
- Move the slider bar to increase or decrease the light intensity.
- You can regulate both directions of each axis (XYZ). The positive directions are the ones indicated by the Reference System.
To set the shininess intensity:
- Move the slider bar to increase or decrease the shininess intensity.
- A higher shininess value provides a metal-like effect to your model.
To set the reflectivity:
- Move the slider bar to increase or decrease the reflectivity intensity.
- A higher reflectivity value provides a realistic effect to your models.
To select the reflection profile:
- Select the reflection profile for your model.
- A Glossy reflection profile gives a shiny plastic look to your model, while Shiny and Rough metal are mainly thought for a metal-like appearance.
To enable or disable SmartLines:
- Enable or Disable the "SmartLines" switch.
- This function is available only in the CAD viewer.
To enable or disable Wireframe:
- Enable or Disable the "Wireframe" switch.
To enable or disable Smooth surfaces:
- Enable or Disable the "Smooth surfaces" switch.
- This function renders your model faces as smooth surfaces. It is advised for predominantly curved surfaces, not advised for flat ones.
To enable or disable Transparency:
- Enable or Disable the "Transparency" switch.
- This function enable or disable transparency in your model. It is available only in the Texture viewer.
To show or hide the System Reference:
- Enable or Disable the "Sys Reference" switch.
- If ON, the System Reference is shown. If OFF, the System Reference is not shown.
To rotate the model around an axis:
- Click on the circular arrows to rotate the model clockwise or counterclockwise around the correspondent axis (X,Y or Z) to match your real life orientation.
- The model will rotate of the angle increment specified in the textbox, the default value is 90°.
- You can change that value by inserting a new value in the textbox.
To spin the model around an axis:
- Move the slider bar to increase or decrease the axis rotation in X,Y or Z. Only one axis rotation at a time is allowed.
- Disable the spin by setting the spin to 0.
- Click "Flip" to the flip the axis rotation.
- The automatic spin is particularly useful for product showcasing.
To select the measurement units:
- This function is not available for STEP and IGES files, since the units are already specified in the model.
- Select the desired measurement unit from the top-down menu.
To create a preview:
- Enable the "Enable Preview" switch. If ON, the user will be requested to click on a play button in order to proceed loading the model. This is advisable when embedding multiple models in a single page. If OFF, the model will be loaded directly.
- Click Save Preview to create the preview.
- The preview is displayed with the play button when "Enable Preview" is ON and as thumbnail for your model in your account page.
To customise the toolbar:
- All the toolbar functions can be disabled by clicking the correspondent switch.
- To prevent people from downloading your model for instance, simply set "Disable download" to ON and the download button will disappear from the toolbar.
To hide the navigation buttons:
- Set "Disable navigation buttons" to ON in order to hide the navigation menu.
- The navigation menu consists of 4 direction arrows, a zoom in and a zoom out.
To hide the filename:
- Enable "Hide Filename" to hide the file name.
To save the settings only for the current model:
- Click "Save" to save the current settings only for the current model.
To save the settings as new template:
- Click "Save as Template" to save the current settings as template for the future models. This will replace the template only for the viewer in use (see below for more details).
- You still need to save the current configuration to keep the changes for this model.
- There are 3 templates used by the system to provide a better rendering: one for the CAD viewer, one for the Texture viewer and one for the drawings viewer. The viewer used is reported in your page title and depends on the file uploaded as explained below.
- CAD Viewer : .step,.iges,.stl,.obj
- Texture Viewer : .zip file containing obj,mtl and texture
- Drawings Viewer : .dwg,.dxf
To reset all the changes:
- Click "Reset Changes" to restore the default settings.
- Click "Save" or "Save as Template" to complete.